We enable churches in Britain to have a deeper relationship with the world church
At the heart of our work is a conviction that the world church is One Body, and that each part has something to give and something it needs to receive.
We are stronger when we pull together and share our resources.
Part of our work is to share this vision with the churches in Britain, and with anyone who has a concern to support God’s mission worldwide.
Pictured here is the USPG choir, made up of staff and volunteers, performing at St Pancras Station, in London, to raise awareness of our global work.
We are sharing this vision in many ways:
- By raising awareness of the world church through our publications, including our magazine Transmission, our films, and materials for Lent, Harvest and Christmas/Advent.
- By encouraging people to pray for the world church, including the use of our prayer diary Pray with Us.
- By giving people of all ages the opportunity to experience the life and mission of the world church through our Journey with Us programme.
- By providing people with opportunities to volunteer within their local church, parish or diocese to help raise awareness of our work.
- By visiting churches to speak during Sunday services and at other times, which includes meeting with mission committees and PCCs.
- By encouraging people to give generously towards our work. Every penny we receive will help to make a world of difference.
- By running an annual conference in June which gives people an opportunity to meet our world church partners and become inspired by their work.
You will often see us out and about, at festivals and at other events, promoting the work of USPG and the world church. Please come and say hello.
And please watch this space because we are developing some exciting new ideas that will help you and your church to get more involved with mission, both locally and globally.