These are the Vision, Mission and Values of USPG
Every person and every community will share fullness of life.
We believe we are all made in God’s creative image, and are able to respond to life’s challenges and aspirations. Partnering the churches of the Anglican Communion, we therefore work to fulfil God’s mission, seeking a world reconciled, an end to poverty and futures transformed with hope.
- We are a Christian organisation rooted in the broad Anglican tradition.
- Our goal is for every person to lead a full life (John 10:10).
- We passionately believe that as global communities we have the potential to overcome the barriers we face, whether economic, aspirational, political, social or spiritual.
- We believe that the church is a precious gift and offers one of the most sustainable mechanisms for tackling poverty and delivering positive change.
- We are committed to playing our part in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and beyond.
- We are committed to work for the benefit of the whole community, regardless of ethnicity, culture, gender, sexuality, age or faith.
- We cherish relationships and take our partners seriously both in Britain and Ireland, and the church globally.
- We work to actively support the plans and strategies of our church partners
- We are open, and generous of spirit.
- We are professional, intellectually engaged and make strategic decisions based on the monitoring and evaluation of evidence.
- We reflect theologically, are always searching for fresh solutions and are willing to take risks.
- Our 300 year history means we have learned deep lessons. We are here for the long haul and hopeful for the future.