HARVEST IN A CHANGING CLIMATE: CHURCH AND SCHOOL RESOURCES FOR HARVEST 2017
What would you do if there wasn’t going to be a harvest?
This is the dilemma currently facing many communities in Madagascar.
Drought and torrential rains have washed away farmland and depleted nutrients in the soil.
This means the land can no longer yield a healthy harvest. At the same time in coastal regions, rising sea temperatures have reduced fish stocks, so fishermen must venture out into deeper and more dangerous waters.
However, the church is responding with emergency aid and with training in preparation for future disasters. And in helping communities generate an income – so they can buy food.
This Harvest, we invite you and your church to find out more about the issue of climate justice in Madagascar and around the world.
This is also an opportunity to make a donation to our Harvest Appeal in the knowledge that your gift will support church work that is saving lives.
USPG Harvest resources to download
- USPG Harvest 2017 PowerPoint (for use with sermon, all-age talk or primary school talk)
- USPG Harvest sermon 2017 (PDF)
- USPG Harvest all-age or primary school talk 2017 (PDF)
- USPG prayer meditation (film)
- USPG Harvest 2017 bible study (Word)
- Faith in a Changing Climate advocacy and resource pack