Serving Churches Strengthening Communities: UsPG conference 2017
Dates: Monday 17 July (registration from 3pm) – Wednesday 19 (ends 2pm)
Venue: High Leigh Conference Centre, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire EN11 8SG
Attend the full conference, or our Tuesday day conference. Prices below.
This year, our conference will look at how USPG is working in partnership with Anglican Churches around the world to help serve local churches and strengthen communities.
In particularly, we will be foucusing on five key thematic areas of our work, namely protecting health, growing the church, enabling livelihoods, promoting justice and responding to crises.
There will be talks, workshops, ideas to take back to your parish, and a chance to meet some of our world church partners.
- Jo Musker-Sherwood, of Hope for the Future, will be discussing how the church can engage with the issue of climate justice.
- The Revd Canon Grace Kaiso, General Secretary of the Council of Anglican Provinces of Africa (CAPA), will look at how the church is working with communities to enable livelihoods.
- The Revd Dr Carlton Turner, of Church in the Province of the West Indies (CPWI), will be exploring how we might grow the church.
- The Rt Revd John Wilme, Bishop of Tongoo in Myanmar, will speak about protecting health.
- The Rt Revd David Hamid, Suffragan Bishop for the Diocese in Europe, will speak on the theme of responding to crises.
Book using our online order form below. Alternatively, email Conference Organiser or call 020 7921 2202.
FREE for students, ordinands, USPG diocesan representatives, and Journey With Us participants.
Conference booking form
Please tick boxes to indicate your requirements. Prices are listed. When you click on ‘Send Order Form’ you will be put through to a safe payment page.
If you want to book more than one room, or book for more than two people, please
or call Kathy McLeish.