USPG works with CHURCHES IN THE ANGLICAN COMMUNION TO live out the good news among those whose need is greatest
USPG – United Society Partners in the Gospel – is an Anglican mission agency supporting churches around the world in their mission to bring fullness of life to the communities they serve.
Theologically, practically and financially, we encourage and enable churches within the Anglican Communion to act as the hands and feet of Christ.
Together, we are working to improve health, tackle poverty, put children in school, challenge discrimination, nurture leaders, give a voice to women, and much more.
We were founded 1701 by the Revd Thomas Bray, who also founded SPCK (Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge).
300 years of mission
For over 300 years we have been sharing God’s love through practical action, and seeing lives transformed.
Our goal is to help more and more people ‘take hold of the life that is truly life’ (1 Timothy 6:19).
How we work looks different according to the culture and context of our church partners.
- In Zimbabwe, we initiated a national programme to tackle HIV stigma so more people will come forward to receive counselling and treatment.
- In Myanmar, we are supporting a programme to take healthcare into isolated rural communities.
- In Europe, we are supporting work among refugees and migrants who became separated from their families after fleeing war and persecution in their home countries.
- In South Africa, we have developed a programme to provide church leaders with practical development skills.
- Worldwide, we are working with our church partners to tackle the impact of climate change and to campaign for climate justice.
We don’t give handouts, which can create dependency. Instead, we work with our church partners to help them unlock their potential so they are better able to fulfil their mission.
We are motivated by our Christian faith and inspired by the gospel.
While our programme partners are predominantly Anglican, we work ecumenically and with other faith communities for the benefit of all people, regardless of ethnicity, gender or sexuality.
As a charity, USPG relies on the support of people like you.
Your prayers, involvement and fundraising are helping to build a world in which every person, in every community, can have a full life.
Registered charity number 234518.
You can download our Annual Reports to read here